July 15, 2018

North Dakota 2018-Day 4

We woke up to a warm and sunny morning at Blacktail. I woke up before the rest of the family, so I enjoyed some time on the hammock with my kindle. Dave made a great breakfast (Janette has a full fridge out there, and encouraged us to help ourselves), and then we spent the whole day just relaxing. It was a pretty quiet day!
We took Gary's pontoon boat out on the water for a cruise, and don't tell them, but it might have been Dave's first time driving a pontoon! Luckily, they're pretty easy to run, and there was hardly any other boats on the water. I think I could have swam about as fast as were driving, so we weren't too worried. He is a pro now!
Ava even got to try her hand at the wheel. 

I wasn't the only one relaxing with my book on the hammock. I had to catch this picture to remember a time when they could lie peacefully next to each other without arguing or bugging each other. 
....more relaxing....
Finally, the rest of the crew arrived! Janette had planned to have dinner for everyone out at the cabin, and Mirian and Megan (my cousins) were there with their kids. I had never met Megan's newest little girl, and I think I've only seen Miriah's youngest once. They both have cabins at Blacktail too, so it's definitely a family affair out there. This is the newest cousin, Bella Rose, and she's absolutely adorable! She's such a sweet little girl. Ava loved her!


This is Sawyer, Miriah's youngest little guy (although I found out today that she's expecting #3!). Apparently this is one of his favorite places to play--it's a vanity that is going to eventually go into their bathroom when they remodel. He'll play in here forever. Where's Sawyer, they ask? Probably in his hole. Funny kid!

My kids actually have quite a few cousins in ND--not first cousins, but kids of my cousins (what does that make them?). It's fun for them to have some time to get to know each other, Ava anyway--not sure what Tyler was up to. 
Here is Archer and Macey, cousins who are just a few weeks apart. 
Here are some more pictures of the adorable Miss Bella Rose.....


I guess I do know what Tyler was doing--he was flying his drone around the lake! He got some cool videos for us. Here is a great view of Janette and Gary's cabin. They have the biggest property on the lake, and Miriah and Megan's cabins are on each of the bays directly to the east and west of them. 
After a great dinner, Gary took us out for a cruise around the lake. What a great evening and a fun day at Blacktail. Thanks Janette and Gary!