April 30, 2020

April Pull Up Goal Completed

You'll remember that I set a goal for myself at the beginning of April to do 500 pull-ups throughout the month. That seemed like a reasonable goal at the time, but then I started "The Challenge" P90X3 workout with Dave once or twice a week in addition to my daily goal of 15+ pull-ups. By April 15, I had hit that goal and knew I'd have to raise it. I considered upping the goal to 1000, but I was starting to feel the effect of so many pull-ups without letting my body rest in between. Instead of getting easier to hit those numbers, it was feeling pretty tough. Plus, I went back to trapeze on April 18, and it's always harder to do them when my body is tired from flying. So, instead of setting a new goal, I figured I'd keep up with them the best I could and see what I could do in the remaining days. 

Well, it's now the end of April, and I have done a total of 850 pull-ups! Here is my calendar so you can see for yourself. There were only 2 days in the month that I didn't do a single pull-up, the minimum I did on all the other days was 10, and the max on one day was 85. 
I had Dave take a video of my doing the last 5 pull-ups that got me to 850.
And of course, I've got to share this photo to show what one's back could look like after 850 pull-ups in a month (and several years of trapeze and pull ups leading up to that month). One day, it won't look like this, so it's good to have it a record of it happening. I gotta say, sometimes my shirts feel a little tight around my upper back! It's a good problem to have. Also, no, that's not a tattoo on my shoulder blade. Ava was trying out her henna kit. 

Strong is the new pretty! I love that I can do this--I'm proud of it and not afraid to say it!