It was a rainy weekend here in the Valley of the Sun. It rained on Friday and most of Saturday, but cleared up this afternoon. The kids had been cooped up in the house, so we decided to head to the park to get some fresh air. Dave ran to Subway to get us some lunch, and then we headed over. I thought to grab my camera before we went too, so I finally have some new pictures to share. I’ve been such a slacker with my camera and blog. I’ve only posted 12 blogs in January, and the month is almost over. That’s a record low! I might have to do some catching up. Anyway, here are some pictures from our afternoon at the park. It was very nice outside, a little cool and overcast, and a great day to be outside. We were the only ones there though, so we had the whole place to ourselves.
The majority of the time was spent on the swings. Ava knows how to pump now, so she likes to practice that and has been trying some new tricks too.
This picture is blurry, but I’m sharing it anyway so you can see how daring this little girl is. She would get going really high and then just jump! Tyler was doing it, so Ava had to try—over and over!
Here’s another one that’s a bit more clear. She looks like she’s going to crash, doesn’t she? She has no fear!
Here’s Ava’s other new trick. She can hang upside down from the monkey bars and let go! This is another one of those things she’s learned in parkour and has practiced on Lacy’s jungle gym. Pretty cool, huh?
While Ava spent most of her time on the swings, Tyler spent his park time climbing up all of the poles. He climbed up this fire pole about 25 times at least! He does it so much he rubs the top of his foot raw! Ava needed a little more help climbing up the pole, but she can slide down it no problem.
Well, that was a fun trip to the park. Time to go home now!
I took some more pictures too. You can see them by clicking this link to visit the album.