Today was a bit different compared to our typical Mother's Day party with the family. We have a family party next week for all the graduates, so we decided not to do the usual big celebration with everyone. Instead, just our immediate family (and my mom) went over to Tim and Tina's and had chicken tacos. It was still a nice day, but there is obviously a bit of a cloud hanging over us today, mostly over me and mom.
The day started a little stressful, as my mom and Jason both started getting texts from my dad that were clearly very delusional. He was saying some really wild stuff that didn't make much sense. We knew it was a result of the pain medication and some dementia he is starting to experience, as well as the new environment. I got a call from Jana yesterday morning (after his first night there), and she said he wouldn't take his sleeping pill last night and was very agitated. Between the adjustment to his medication, the new environment, the lack of English speaking help in this house, and the disease, he's not doing well right now. We're still sticking with the plan to wait a few days to go see him, but it is sure hard.
Despite all that's going on, we had a nice time at Tim and Tina's, and I'm glad my mom could be there with us too. She's usually gone back to ND by now, so we haven't spent Mother's Day together for awhile. This year it seems especially important to have my mom with me.
I usually make sure to get a photo with my kids on Mother's Day, but I forgot to do that while we were at Tina's. When we went home, I went for a walk, and it wasn't until after I got back that I remembered we didn't get a photo. So--this year's picture isn't the greatest! But....here it is anyway. The way Tyler is standing in front of the cow makes it look like he has ears and fluffy hair.
We tried again and it didn't get much better, we're just smiling bigger.Ok, maybe we need a different background? Nope, still not great. Instead of the cow, we now have birds coming out of our head.