Here are some highlights from the weekend. I love having Fridays off in the summer, it makes the weekend feel so much longer! It's amazing what a difference one extra day makes. We really should have 3 day weekends year around. I think it would make for much happier employees. It was Nadia's birthday a couple days ago, so she and I went out for brunch on Friday morning. We went to the same place she took me for my birthday because I loved the free cinnamon roll they give you with a birthday sparkler.
Before brunch, Dave and I got in a quick gym session, so that made the cinnamon roll and mimosa all the more delicious.Saturdays are for flying, so that's how the morning started. I've been oddly interested in World Cup soccer this year, so we've watched quite a few games. I've had them on during the day at work (it's pretty quiet on campus, so I just work from my student lounge with soccer on the TV). Ava's boyfriend plays varsity soccer, so we told him we needed to watch a few games with him so he can explain the rules I don't understand. Norway has been the team I'm cheering for the most (me and everyone else who just learned Erling Haaland exists), so Aidan came over to watch that game. Well, "watch" the game may be a bit inaccurate....
Ali came to town on Sunday, and it was so great to see her! Ashley, Ali and I met for dinner at a great restaurant in Tempe and had a lovely time catching up. Ali moved to Vegas at the beginning of the year and she is missed very much! It'll be nice to have her in town with me for a few days.
I love that Ashley and I have gotten so much closer in the recent months. She's been a member of our trapeze group for years, but it's only been since this year that we've gotten closer. Ali was a big part of that--I think we bonded over missing her. Girls nights are good for the soul.
We spent Tuesday evening together too. We doordashed Greek food and drank some delicious wine together while we chatted for hours. Ali will be back in September, and hopefully we'll find a time to make it up to Vegas to visit too. It was a nice weekend filled with time with good friends!



