October 16, 2015

Club Med-Turks & Caicos, day 4

Day 4--Friday, started much like the other days. We did throw some kayaking into our day just to change it up a bit. After 2 hours of trapeze in the morning, my hands were a little sore, so paddling a kayak wasn't the most comfortable. I mostly sat in the back and let Dave do all the work. Last thing I needed was to tear my hands in the middle of the week! I helped steer a little bit, but that was about all I did. Thanks for the ride, Dave!

 


Aside from the kayaking, the only other activity we did during the week (besides circus) was paddle boarding.  We did manage to go out on the paddle boards on afternoon. It was a lot of fun! I wish I would have thought to bring the GoPro with me, but I don't have any photos from that. We didn't snorkel this year, and we didn't go sailing either! I know, I know....we really should have at least gone sailing. The snorkeling was at the same time as trapeze every day, and I just couldn't get myself to miss trapeze for it.

The weather really didn't cooperate very well for us this year. These dark clouds rolled in almost every day.
But, that didn't stop us from enjoying the water!
Well, would you look at the time. 4:00, it's time to head to the rig again! This was day 4 of our trip, and my 3rd straight day of working on that lay full. It was also my last day of working on the lay full. I got into a bad habit of closing my shoulders and coming off the bar at the wrong time, causing me to come down right on top of the bar with my ankles....over and over. I think I hit my ankle 3 times on day 2, and another 2-3 times on day 3. This last one, which you'll see in the video was it. 
I'm not sure if you can hear him, but Brandon says "you didn't hit it too hard that time, did you?" My response...."um, ya...yep, that was pretty hard." I think I also swore a little while saying "I'm DONE with this trick." Brandon said "try it for catch a two more times, and then we'll switch to something else." I hit it my left ankle so many times over and over that I still have a very sore wound (I'm writing this on 11/5, so almost 3 weeks later). That trick will have to get put on the shelf for a little while, I'm afraid. 

Instead, I threw a coupe of layouts to Miguel. I caught this second one and even made it back to the return bar!

When I was in Turks last year, I brought a pair of MCC sunglasses to the team, and still see pictures of them wearing those glasses. The one GO from last year has been spotted wearing them in Japan, Montreal, and the US since then. This team was excited to get their shades too, and were wearing them al week. They're pretty good for cheapie sunglasses!

I think I mentioned it before, but one of things I love about this trip is all of the new friends we come away with. This group was consistently at trapeze all week, and they were all very fun people and supportive fellow flyers. The guy on the far right, Mauro, is Brazilian but lives in Seattle. He has since invited Dave and I to stay with him if we ever want to visit Seattle. We might take him up on it one day! Tony in the front row, and Kathy in the black right behind him were both people we met last year. Who knows if I'll ever see any of them again, but for now, many of us are Facebook friends. The trapeze world is pretty small, so there is a good chance I'll see some of them again one day. I hope so, anyway.

I had to throw this picture in there to document the aftermath of 3 days of throwing crappy full twisting layouts. It's pretty painful. It made it tough to wear shoes the rest of the week--and even 3 weeks later.
Chalk on my wrists from another day of trapeze practice, beautiful ocean, soft, cool sand, and a peaceful sunset shared with the love of my life. This is my perfect day. This is my perfect vacation.


I borrowed this picture from Mauro (one of the trapeze friends we met). It's it lovely?

White Night, and only the 2nd picture of our whole group from the week.
White Night is a tradition at Club Med. I was very excited for White Night, but mostly because it's the night of the circus show. I was really looking forward to watching my circus friends perform their various acts. I also think we look really good in all white!

This circus team is so talented! I regret our choice of seats for the night though. Where we were sitting, there was a spotlight pointing right at us, making it almost impossible to see the performance. I tried recording the performances, but they're tough to see. Here are a couple photos I snagged from someone else. Here is Marifer doing Spanish Web.
....and this is Brandon and Marifer doing a double trapeze routine (here's more of it).
Miguel did swinging trapeze, Brandon did straps, Masa did silks, Miguel did a cool routine with these glow bulb things on strings--no idea what it's called, but check out the video. There were a couple other acts too, but these were my favorites. It was a really great show! Most of those video links are from a woman I met in Turks last year who posted a bunch of videos of the shows on You Tube. Her videos are better than mine-darn spot light! Here's one last video of the end of the show.

The White Night party was a lot of fun. I mixed up my drinks a little too much though, and was feeling a little rough the next morning. Oops!

 Great picture of us girls, photobombed by Dave.....
 
White Night was a great time!