My mom was able to come with me to trapeze on one of her last nights in town. She ended up changing the return date of her flight twice because of the various things we had going on. I'm so glad she did. On Tuesday, there weren't too many of us at trapeze, so I suggested it'd be a good time for her to strap on a belt and climb up that ladder. She's always seemed open to the idea, and this was her chance! I don't think she was even that nervous. After signing her life away, getting a little lesson on what to do, and tightening up her belt, she was ready to fly!
Mom did great! She didn't even hesitate when they said "ready, hup!" She hung there and swung back and forth a couple times, kicked her legs a little bit, and then dropped safely to the net. It was awesome! I'm so proud of you for trying it Mom! I bet you see now why I'm so totally addicted to this amazing sport. Isn't it the greatest feeling to swing through the air? How many 65 year old grandmas do you know that have tried flying trapeze?
Well, here are a few pictures of us before the rain spoiled our fun.