Eleven years. It had been eleven years since this beautiful October day when Dave and I were married. It blows my mind to think that it's been that long. The best part about it is that it just keeps getting better. WE keep getting better. I can't imagine living my life with anyone else, and am grateful every single day for the strong relationship we have.
We have definitely found a way to balance all of the things that are important, and I think that is so good for our relationship. We find time to do things together as well as fun things as a family. We respect each other's time for our hobbies and our fitness, and we balance the responsibilities around the house (although, I think Dave does more than I do!). We are so fortunate to have been able to take those two trips to Turks in the last two years. Very few couples can make something like that happen, and I realize how lucky we are to have the support around us to allow that to happen. As much as that trip is simply a great vacation, it is also so good for Dave and I to have that time together just to be a couple. We came back from that trip so totally in love with each other that it makes me want to go every single year just to keep that going. It's easy to forget some of that when we get busy with kids and life and reality. It may not be possible every year, unless we continue to get free flights, but I want to try to make it happen (a trip with just us) at least every other year.
So much has happened in eleven years, yet it seems like the time has just flown by. Our kids are getting older, and I'm loving the independent stage of life they're entering in to. I have several friends with new babies, and as much as I love when my kids were babies, there is no part of me that would want to go back to that place in life. I couldn't ask for a more amazing partner to raise these kids with me, and I definitely realize how extremely lucky I am.
Happy 11th anniversary Dave. I love you forever. Thank you for this great life.
We were pretty good looking then, but our 25/26 year old selves have got NOTHING on us at 36/37. We just keep getting better--stronger bodies, and a stronger relationship. How awesome are we?!


