Time to break out the cowboy boots--we're headed to the Garth Brooks concert! They announced a two date concert sometime in September. I was online and ready to book my tickets as soon as they went on sale. The two shows sold out almost immediately. They added about 6 more shows shortly after the others sold out, and I managed to get us two tickets from a 3rd party vendor. When the time came, we hopped on the light rail (genius idea) and headed downtown. The tickets I managed to get were for a 10:30 pm show on Friday night. He was playing a 7:00 show too, so I knew parking was going to be a mess (and probably really expensive). The light rail is free when you're going to an event downtown. We could tell that everyone else on the train was going to the concert too because they all looked like they had taken their boots out of a box just like I did.
We had to wait outside while we waited for the first show to get over. They didn't let us in until after 10 pm, so we knew he probably wasn't going to be starting on time. Our seats were ok, and the place was completely packed. All I have to say is that this guy can really put on a show! I always heard back in the day about how great Garth Brooks concerts were, but I had no idea that they'd still be that good--20 years later. He sang all of the old favorites from the 90s, and it was like a total flashback to high school. His wife, Trisha Yearwood was also there, and they sang a couple songs together and she did a few on her own.
After the show was over, we managed to get out of there pretty quickly, and were at front of the line to get on the light rail. It was after 3:30 am before we got home, so it was a very long night. I'm so glad we got to see him in concert. It will go down as one of the best live shows I have ever seen. Here's a short video of the last song he sang. I have some longer videos of some of my favorite songs, but they're too long to load on the blog. Such a great show--totally worth the money and the late, late night!