December 5, 2013

A sad anniversary—missing Joyce

IMG_4555
December 5 will always be a sad day for us.  It’s hard to believe three years have passed without Joyce here with us.  There isn’t much more I can write about Joyce that I haven’t written over the past couple years.  She was an amazing person and she is so terribly missed by us all.  My biggest regret of all is that Joyce isn’t here to enjoy her great-nieces and nephews.  Now, another sweet baby will be joining the family (Mallory & Chris’s baby in April), never to know this beautiful person that was his/her GREAT-Aunt.  It is a reminder to us to always remember to share our memories and our photos of her with the next generation. I try to remind my kids every time a picture of Joyce pops up—there’s  “Aunty Joyce.”  I’m sure Tyler remembers her, but I don’t know that Ava will.  I see things every day that remind me of Joyce.  From a toy in one of the kids’ rooms to the rug or lamp she gave us, to the photos in my house—she is everywhere because of the influence she had on us all—and she will always be.