We had an “ugly sweater” night at trapeze on Tuesday. I decided to go with “cute Christmas” instead. My parents came to watch me fly that night, so it was a fun night for them to watch. It was a beautiful night too—the moon was full and the weather was perfect. I am working on a new trick, so it was fun to show them that one. It’s called a half turn, and it is definitely my new favorite trick. I’ll show you a video of it once I catch it, which will be on Dec 31—I’m determined to catch it before the end of the year, and that’s the last fly day before 2014. I’ve gotten really close, but the time has been a little off. I’ll get it next time. It’s hard to believe it’s been almost a year since I started practicing this awesome sport. It has certainly been the highlight of my 2013. Here are some pictures from our festive night.
April got there a little late, so she missed the group photo that we took at the beginning of the night. When she arrived, she had quite the sweater to show off! Her wreath lit up with white lights. It was fun to watch her flying with a lit-up Christmas wreath on her shirt! It was a fun night with my trapeze friends. I’m so glad my parents were there to watch. It was my dad’s first time, and I think he was impressed!