Grandma Jean sent me a picture last week of a bike she had found for Ava at a yard sale, but it didn't have training wheels, so she was wondering if we needed to buy some for it. I said it was probably time for her to learn to ride a two wheeler, so we'd see how she could do without them. Ava surprised us tonight. We were sitting on my parents new back patio (which is now enclosed by a fence) and couldn't see what Ava was doing down in the alley. We knew she was playing with the neighbor girl, Jezabel, who is 12 years old. Ava came up to us and said "Mom, come watch this." I said "uh oh, do I want to see this?" She assured me that I did. I went down to the alley to see her riding her two wheel bike all by herself, as though she'd been doing it for weeks. Dave has tried showing her a couple times, but she wasn't really very close to riding on her own. She didn't need any help, she was just going to learn on her own! I asked Jezabel if she taught her how, and she said "I just told her it wasn't scary and that she could do it." She sure could! Good job, Ava, we're so excited for you! Now we'll have to get bikes for the whole family so we can all ride together.


