June 5, 2014

Trapeze success

I've been working on a trick called the uprise shoot for about 6 weeks now, and I finally had it ready to try for a catch on Tuesday night. I didn't quite get it the first time (we touched fingertips), but the second time, I flew right to Rod. Last night, I tried again, and caught it both times. I also threw some nice layouts, which is a trick that has gotten sidelined since I've been working on my uprise. It still isn't great--I need to keep my legs from bending when I get up on the bar, but it's getting smoother and definitely easier. I think I've developed a bad habit, and will need to focus on that now that I have the trick figured out. It was a beautiful night--well, it was hot, but that is to be expected this time a year. Here are some screenshots from the video from last night. It's so fun and rewarding to make progress on new tricks. I was getting frustrated with this trick, but am so happy to have stuck with it and figured it out! 

I love that Ashley took my phone over to the other side of the rig to get this silhouetted video of me flying to DJ. It made for a different video than all the rest.

How cool is this picture?! I love it!
Here is a video of three different tricks from last night--an uprise catch, a layout, and another uprise. Enjoy!