August 1, 2011

Back from Cali....and silly Ava

We made it home from San Diego last night around 7 pm.  The drive was uneventful, and the kids were great--all weekend!  We were chasing a storm home, and just barely had the car unloaded when the monsoon hit.  With a load of laundry in the wash and a little girl in the bath tub, our power went out.  Annoying, to say the least.  So much for getting things done before our week started.  We ate sandwiches by candle light/flashlight/cellphone light, and after calling SRP and hearing that the 'estimated restoration time' was 10 pm, Dave decided it was best to head to his parent's house just in case it didn't come on when expected.  Not exactly what I had in mind for my night, but what are you going to do?!  One more night in a bed that was not my own, but it was not a big deal....I left Claire's house bright and early to head home to get ready for work and will enjoy my bed tonight that much more!  At least Dave didn't have to worry about getting the kids to Grandma's today...

One of the other things I was unable to do was download my pictures from the trip.  I feel like I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked, but I'm sure it will still be enough to document our weekend.  Since I couldn't take my camera to the sandy beach, there aren't many from that time, and my battery died just as we were watching the sunset by the beach.  It was giving me anxiety not having a camera, but Dave reassured me that life would go on, even if this and every moment are not documented by an image. 

And since I don't have any pictures to share just yet, I will post these pictures I took of Ava the other day.  They make me smile.  I hope they make you smile this Monday too!  Please note the hat, the toy phone that she is using to take a picture of me ("yay tease!"), and the froggie boots.  Dang, she's cute!