We have been going to Zoolights every year for the last few. My friend Cara works at the zoo and gets discounted tickets, which is really the only reason we keep going back. I hadn't really planned to go this year, but Ava wanted to go with a group of her friends. We originally planned to go before Christmas, but the night it was planned ended up being very cold and rainy. It was actually nice to go after Christmas because the crowd was a little smaller. Of course, by this time in the season, I'm totally over hearing the music! Dave and I went with the girls, but we were mostly just there to be their photographers. They ditched us pretty early on, so we wandered by ourselves for awhile, until Ava texted us to ask if we could come take some photos for them.
Here is Ava with some her closest friends from school, Rylee, Jordan, and Lexi.


When you're an 8th grader in 2023, this is the face you make for photos. I wonder what the girls will think of this when they're looking back on all these many photos they took as teenagers with these kissy faces? They're cute....
Another year of Zoolights in the books. I wonder if we'll be back next year?










