April 12, 2010

Railroad Park is a wonderful place

You can probably imagine that a place called Railroad Park is probably a place that Tyler would enjoy.  I’m not sure why we haven’t gone recently, or at least in the past year and a half that Tyler has been obsessed with trains, but I’m glad we finally did.  I’ve been there several times, and Ty has been twice, but not for 2 years.  This is a great park.  There is a very realistic, but smaller than normal, steam train with several cars. It runs around the park all day long.  There are a few classic train cars you can tour, a carousel, a great playground and much more.  It’s getting pretty warm out during the day, so we’re trying to squeeze in as much of this nice weather before it starts getting miserable.  Again, I didn’t get many pictures of Tyler today because he was just WAY too busy playing and playing and playing.  Ava had a blast playing on the playground.  She went down the slide a few times, and tried to climb back up by herself. She is definitely starting to climb more, which is both exciting and frightening all at the same time!  We took quite a few pictures today, so bare with me….it’s worth it!

DSCN2066 DSCN1989DSCN1873 DSCN1960 DSCN1950 DSCN1933 DSCN1896-2  DSCN1868 DSCN1817 DSCN1781 DSCN1766 DSCN1759 DSCN1743DSCN1757   DSCN1737 DSCN1735

I wish this fantastic park wasn’t so far away.  It’s up in Scottsdale, and is a good 25 minute drive from our place.  It’s worth it though for a fun way to spend a day!