All the fairies in the neighborhood who are looking for a garden to visit need look no further than our backyard. They will find a home in Ava's new Fairy Garden. I think she got the idea from her friend Rowyn, and asked if she could make one too. I thought it sounded like a fun project, and after Dave suggested we use our old fire pit, we headed out to get a few things. We stopped at Michael's so Ava could pick out a house for the fairies, and then went to Home Depot for soil and plants. We went back to Michael's to pick out a few accessories for the garden including a bridge, gazebo, and a little rock that says "Fairy Garden" on it, you know, in case they weren't sure if they're in the right place.
Ava painted most of the house herself, and I helped with the roof and some touch up. Isn't it cute? The doors even open. She was very proud of her work.
Dave hooked up the drip system so that the plants would get some water, and then Ava helped plant everything. We picked out a couple succulents, a tall grassy plant to give it some dimension, a flowering plant of some sort, strawberries and basil. I'm really hoping the basil takes off because I've needed fresh basil a few times lately and didn't have any. Hopefully the fairies won't mind. Isn't it so cute? There's even a river made of glass beads, and a path made with old fish tank rocks.Ava goes out to check her fairy garden almost every morning to see if any fairies have come. How do you know if the fairies came, you ask? Well, pixie dust of course! Wouldn't you know it, there has actually been some pixie dust sprinkled on the garden a few mornings!